La Bufon was invited by the Asociación de Cabildos Indigenas del Norte del Cauca to conduct art workshops focussing integrating arts to reclaim their traditional wisdoms and rituals. El Cabuyo is a conflict zone where the Nasa people are resisting the government and the Guerilla’s for their land and reclaiming ancestral wisdoms and traditions.
Since the arrival of the Spaniards in 1553, following the continuous assaults on they indigenous and peasant communities, they have been developing an organizational process to enforce their rights as a people. The Cauca regional indigenous organization called Regional Indigenous Council of Cauca (CRIC) was born in 1971 in Toribio,
El Cabuyo, Cauca. Colombia.
With the aim of making recognize such rights. This organization was born with a platform of struggle that the following objectives are considered:
1. Recover the lands of the guards
3. Strengthen safeguards indigenous councils
4. Do not pay terraje know the laws concerning indigenous and demand their fair application
5. Defend the history, language and indigenous customs
7. Form indigenous teachers to educate according to the situation of indigenous and in their respective language.